What is Schoology?
Schoology is an online learning, classroom management, and social networking platform that improves learning through better communication, collaboration, and increased access to curriculum and supplemental content. It is a dynamic, intuitive, and user-centric learning management solution focused on making improvement accessible in diverse educational environments. With custom webpage and content creation, interactive collaboration capabilities, and seamless, third-party application integration, Schoology empowers educators, inspires students, and simplifies administrative tasks across the board. Schoology will serve as a virtual extension of the District’s brick and mortar buildings.
Parents can create a Schoology account to view the activities, discussions, assessments, and resources that their children are connected to in Schoology. Account creation is simple, and a single parent account can be linked to all students a parent has attending Donegal Intermediate School, Donegal Junior High School, and Donegal High School.
How to Sign up For a Parent Account on Schoology:
Go to www.schoology.com and click on Sign Up (in upper right corner). Choose Parent, then type in the parent code that your child received from his or her teacher.
How to See Your Student’s Grades, Calendar, and Assignments:
- Log on to Schoology
- Go to upper right corner of page and click on the arrow to switch between “parent” and “student” view
- Once you are in “student” view, in right column you will see Recent Grades/Attendance. You can choose assignments, tests, discussions to click on. Disregard the attendance tab.
- Under this column you will see another one titled Upcoming. Here you can hover over items and see what class they are for
- On the left you will see Updates, including links to the above mentioned information.
How to See More Specific Class Information:
- Go to the top of the page and click Courses, and select the course that you want to view.
- On the left side of the page are links to grades, materials, etc. Click on the appropriate link to view the information.
- If you click on an assignment, you can see all of the vital details including rubrics, due date, etc.
How to Get a Student Progress Report Emailed to You Every Week:
(You need to have signed up on Schoology with an email account in order to do this)
- Click on your name in the top right corner, and in drop down menu switch to “student” view.
- Go to notifications, where you can turn on the weekly email digest.
Check out the Schoology online Parent Guide.
Parent Overview Video:
An excellent overview of the Schoology parent portal is available HERE
Schoology Parent Forum:
Have a questions? Schoology hosts a parent forum that is available HERE